Features at Glance
Fred's Shed Interactive Learning Center
DIY seminars and workshops covering boat and motor maintenance, repair and upgrades.
Watch, learn and do! If you’re a do-it-yourselfer or boat owner interested in learning new techniques for taking care of your boat or motor, head to Fred’s Shed for practical, professional advice. Free daily sessions cover a variety of topics.
- Watch certified marine technician and expert wrench slinger “Fred” demo tools and techniques on actual boat and motor cutaways.
- Learn how to maintain, repair or upgrade our boat or motor.
- Take part in discussions, ask questions and participate in hands-on-clinics.
Together, “The Boating Guy,” and certified marine service technician “Fred, The Outboard Doctor,” bring more than 50 years of boating and “wrench-slinging” experience to the Shed.
New this year—Fred’s Shed DIY Guidebook Seminar attendees will receive the Fred’s Shed DIY Guidebook, featuring export advice and how-to articles from Boating magazine.
Click here for a complete list of Fred's Shed seminars.
Discover Boating Center
Your one-stop resource for boating information and advice. Get started in boating and learn how to make the most of your time on the water.
- Straightforward answers to all your boating questions
- Expert, unbiased advice on choosing a boat that suits your lifestyle
- Local resources to help you get started
Discover Boating for less than $250 a month! Think owning a boat is out of your reach? Think again! When it comes to enjoyable ways to spend your leisure time, boating is far more affordable that you may realize. Be sure to check out this showcase of boats you can finance for less than $250 per month.
When you compare the costs of boating to a single day at an amusement park or trip to any major lague game, you'll find that dollar for dollar, boating is really quite affordable. See for yourself how boating can stretch your vacation and leisure time budget: